So apparently Jamie has "dumped me" because I don't post enough, so this post is for you, dear, Jamie.
Last night, I went out to see "He's Just Not That Into You" with a bunch of ladies that I knew from church. We started out our venture going to Edgar's Bakery for a pre-movie snack. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to us, Edgar's was closed! So.. we did what any other hungry movie lover would do, we got popcorn at the movies! :)
I thought that the movie was funny! Sadly enough, many of the things that these girls were doing, I have done or I know that other girls have done just because of guys. I don't think that most guys know the mental anguish that they put women through (or that women put themselves through) just waiting for that phone call or date. At times, I wanted to choke one of the main characters for the things that she said and did, but other times, I thought.."Wow. I've been THAT girl before." It is so nice to know that I don't have to worry about that anymore, because I have the most wonderful man.. and he did, in fact, call me.
I think about some of my friends that put themselves into torture about guys. I really feel like they would benefit from this movie. I am wondering how I can go about saying, "Hey, there's this really awesome movie. It may teach better about guys." Okay, so maybe that wouldn't work so well. Okay, maybe I'll try this... "There is this really funny movie! And there are some really cute actors in it!" Yeah, that one would probably work. I think I'll give it a try
This post is really pointless... but there, Jamie, please don't dump me. :)
-Katie
Movie Monday - Why Him?
8 years ago
Thanks for the comment! I had fun hanging out with you and this group of ladies. God keeps sending me more and more great friends.
ReplyDeleteThat wasn't pointless! I know lots of people (one in the mirror, specifically) who has fallen prey to these behaviors.
ReplyDeleteYou are no longer dumped.