I love my church! I have been down a very up and down journey as far as churches are concerned. I don't think that I always looked to God to see where I should be going, instead I went where my friends went.
Over a year and a half ago, Lance introduced me to Westwood. Instantly, I loved it. The people were the first thing that drew my attention. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. That is one thing that I have looked for in a church and have not really found until now.
Also, the leadership is wonderful. Pastor Steve, Shawn, Joseph, and others are great leaders and really have a truly giving, Godly spirit about them. It is not difficult to see how God works in their lives.
Recently, in the past 6 months or so, I have started teaching the youth girls' Sunday school class. I have gotten to know some really great girls, and I am so eager to see what God has in store for their lives. Even though I had to leave Jamie's class (*cry*), I still feel like God has really placed me where I need to be. It has been wonderful getting to know Kara better, too. She is a true inspiration for how to be a Godly woman.
In this time of being reminded of things that I am thankful for, I know that Westwood is one of the top things on my list.
Much love,
Katie
Movie Monday - Why Him?
8 years ago
I feel about our fab congregation! You are absolutely missed in our class, but the girls love you!
ReplyDelete